There currently seems to be an increase in people coming down with colds / sickness bugs.
So here are some ‘healthy foods’ to help keep those germs away or to speed up your recovery ?
1. Fluids – keep your fluid intake high, aim for 2-3 litres of water per day. You can also use ‘tea’ to supplement your fluid intake (green tea, ginger tea, ginseng tea) ☕️
2. Vitamin C – increase your vitamin C levels by consuming foods such as, green vegetables (spinach, broccoli); citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, limes). You can also try consuming goji berries (these contain MORE vitamin C than an orange). ???
3. Ginger – add this to a cup of hot water (along with honey and lemon). You can also add it to your meals ?
4. Honey – don’t use just any honey but get ‘manuka honey,’ (it has many medicinal benefits). Try adding it to a cup of hot water with ginger and lemon ?
5. Garlic – it has many medicinal benefits. Add a clove or two to your meals ?
6. Capsaicin – you find this in chillies. Once again chop it up and add it your meals ?
7. Berries – these contain immune boosting anti-oxidants. These can include blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc ?
We hope these help you ?
If you have any questions then as usual just send me a message.